Print Friendly and PDF

Thursday 29 May 2014

Semiya Payasam / Vermicelli Payasam / Indian Dessert



Hi, I love sweets do you? I know this is not about sweet I meant sweet dishes. I love to make payasam at all family occasions.My family loves it. Today I am sharing an awesome Indian dessert. Semiya payasam In an easy way I didnt used any condensed milk.It is ready tasty recipe.It is a. part of our traditional Ona sadya.(Kerala).
Lets cook??Follow my simple steps can make yummy payasam..Hope u will enjoy!!





Ingredients:



  1. Semiya/ Vermicelli     -1 cup 
  2. Sugar                     -1cup 
  3. Milk                             -1 cup
  4. Ghee                     -3 tsp
  5. Cashew nuts             -6
  6. Raisins(optional)     -12
  7. Cardamom             -3
  8. Salt                              -a pinch
  9. Water                      -2 cups


Method:



  1. Heat a pan, add ghee and fry cashews into golden yellow in colour. If using raisins, fry them and Keep aside. In the same pan.
  2. Roast vermicelli in Medium-low flame with constant stirring.
  3. The vermicelli should turn golden. Set aside. 
  4. Bring water to boil in a large bowl Add the roasted vermicelli. Cook for 4-5 minutes until soft.
  5. Add sugar. Powder the cardomom and add to it. 
  6. The cooked vermicelli turns transparent at this time. Boil for 2 minutes. Add the milk.
  7. Add milk and bring to boil. Boil for a minute, add a small pinch of salt and switch off the stove. As it cools down, it gets thicker. 
  8. Garnish with fried cashews and raisins.

1 comment:

Translate